In cybersecurity circles, the term Android hacking tool is not well defined. An information security specialist who is tasked with forensically inspecting Android devices may have to hack the device in order to gain access the OS or access critical information.
Free role-guided training plans
You can get 12 cybersecurity training programs — one for each job role.
Another scenario is that a cybersecurity expert might use Android “hacking instruments” to test his or her network environment. This means that Android hacking tools can only be launched from an Android phone and not from a computer or workstation, unless the pen test was using an Android emulator.
Some tools are better for specific tasks than others. Others may not meet the requirements of your organization’s forensics standards. These tools may not be suitable for forensics investigations or meet a forensics standard. However, it is worth checking out the most recent hacking tools for Android mobile phones.
This article will cover five of the most popular Android hacking tools that are used by both forensics professionals as well as Android enthusiasts. You can then determine the situations in which they might be useful or alerted to their existence. Although this list is not exhaustive, it will give you an idea of the current applications.
Hackode is a favorite application suite for security professionals who perform regular penetration tests. It runs on Android devices easily and includes four toolsets: scan, security feed, reconnaissance, exploit, and exploit. Each tool is designed to assist in different situations.
Hackode’s most important features are:
- Reconnaissance :Information gathering tool include Google Hacking. It features six tools via Google Dorks. These tools allow you to access PhpMyAdmin and PhpConfig as well as SQL Injection, SQL Server, MySQL Server, login portals, and passwords. You can also use the fully functional WhoIs tool to search for domain names and IP addresses.
- Scanning Target Scanners: Target Scanners include Traceroute and MX Record, as well as DNS Dig.
- Exploits Not yet implemented
- Security Feed: Displays all the most recent security news
This makes it very easy for those who have to travel to different places or do basic testing. An Android phone is all that’s required, as many people have one already. If you are a network tester and don’t have the space for a large laptop, this is an excellent application.
This multiplatform application includes installers for Ubuntu Linux as well as Microsoft Windows. It uses ADB for its primary connectivity protocol and can connect to Android phones via USB with a read-only state. You are well aware that any forensics work done in evidence collection must not interfere with the original source data nor impart any changes.
Andriller is a tool that must perform non-destructive searches. This means that there is almost no chance of data being stolen from the target device.
Andriller offers many useful features, such as lockscreen pattern cracking and PIN code deciphering. Password cracking and database decoding are just a few of the many options available. The data can be exported to report formats so that it is easy to read and used as evidence in your investigation.
Andriller’s most important features are:
- Automated data extraction and decoding
- Android Backup (Android versions 4.x), allows data extraction from Android devices that are not rooted.
- Data extraction using root permissions via root ADDV daemons, CWM recovery modes or SU binary
- Data parsing, decoding and folder structure. You can also use Tarball files and backup.ab files of Android Backup.
- Ability to choose individual database decoders that are best suited for specific tasks
- Whatsapp archived database encryption (msgstore.db.crypt – *.crypt12).
- Password cracking, lockscreen pattern and pin discovery
- Screen capture of the device display to be used for evidence collection
Andriller is an extremely capable and straightforward application that can be used by both power users and forensic investigators. The program has a simple interface and easy-to-use functions, which gives it a more tool-like feel. Prices start at $99 USD per workstation per year. For budget-conscious heads of departments, the 50% discount is available to government and law enforcement agencies. You can download the program free for 14 days.
AndroRAT allows remote access to device information on Android units. This tool can be used to diagnose problems, troubleshoot and keep logs. It is not intended to be a recovery or forensic tool. It works in a client-server configuration. The server houses the main application and the connection information. Remote execution of functions is possible, which can be helpful for testing purposes.
AndroRAT’s main characteristics are:
- Remote access to contacts
- Call logs and messages can be retrieved
- Monitoring of the live system
- Monitoring and mapping of location services
- Camera services
- Monitoring of microphones
- All the basic functions of a phone, including messaging, calling, and Internet browsing
AndroRAT, as you can see, is a powerful tool that could cause problems if installed on an Android device without the user’s knowledge. If it is detected on an Android device, its presence should be considered suspicious.
The server application must be configured using network configuration. This includes port forwarding and host creating. No-IP dynamic IP address providers handle IP address accessibility.
It is easy to set up and configure in a lab environment, which makes experimentation simple and quick. It is available for free as an APK and can be installed on both a target device or a PC.
zANTI is a suite of apps that can be used to test your Android smartphone’s security. Users can then use malicious software to hack into a network or check for security holes in the network. If used for penetration testing, these vulnerabilities can be fixed or repaired.
You can use zANTI to test SSL stripping and redirect attacks. The application can also create malicious Wi-Fi hotspots. Every user who connects to your Wi Fi hotspots is now subject to any attacks. You can modify request and reply messages from webservers and host fake websites using your smartphone, and many other things.
zANTI is a useful tool that can be used to reverse engineer malicious attacks. It will give you valuable data and information on how to avoid them.
zANTI’s main characteristics are:
- Scanning Tools: These tools allow you to discover backdoors, authentication and brute force attacks, DNS attacks and rogue access points detection, as well as other reconnaissance scans.
- Diagnostic features These tools help you identify vulnerabilities like man-in the-middle attacks and password cracking.
- Reporting tools:zANTI offers a Cloud-based reporting tool that allows you to quickly identify threats. The dashboard-style reporting console has corrective actions suggestions and is a key to this success.
zANTI is a very effective penetration testing tool. It has many useful features, especially for security professionals. It is very convenient to have all these apps on your smartphone, which makes it easy to simulate or investigate a threat. This product is also free to community users.
FaceNiff was popularized by its social media-centric applications. It can be used for spotting cookies on popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. This information can be used to identify potential hackers who will then be able to log in to your accounts to cause havoc on your social media presence or monitor your activities without you knowing.
FaceNiff can do this all without the user needing any technical knowledge. This is alarming considering how critical your password security is on social media.
Dual pentesting certifications
Cybercriminals use a variety of techniques and tools to conduct white-hat hacks on organizations.
Services FaceNiff can currently hijack:
Hacking apps: The risks and the benefits
This information will help you identify weaknesses in your network’s defenses. You could be at risk if you have a Wi-Fi shared network or guest network. These apps work fine for testing purposes. Andriller and other Android hacking tools have forensic functionality. We hope you found this list helpful and have learned a lot about Android Hacking Tools.